The smartphone company Nokia is back in the mobile manufacturing industry with middle-end and high-end mobiles. Nokia 5.1 Plus was a big success at a low-end budget with impressive specifications. Unfortunately, the company is not able to stand to the reputation which it commanded years ago in the mobile industry due to the poor specifications of its majority of phones. Nokia was known to provide something incredible at an incredible price while taking a big risk. Once again in 2019, Nokia stands up to people’s expectations by providing something new and unexpected with their PureView camera technology.
History of PureView?
The PureView technology was first launched in the year 2012 with Nokia 808 PureView, later it was made available in Nokia Lumia or we can say Microsoft Lumia high-end devices. Since then, the PureView Technology stayed obsolete and now is making its return with Nokia 9 PureView smartphone with 5 rear cameras set up in a ring formation (See the image below for representation). The mobile market has high expectations from the Nokia 9 PureView which can be the best camera phone of 2019, beating its competitors like Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10. The smartphone is expected to release in the first quarter of 2019 and will cost EUR 749 and Rs 60,000 in India approximately.
What’s so Special in PureView Cameras?
Nokia PureView cameras remain divergent from other cameras as the PureView camera setup comes with a microprocessor, an individual CPU unit specially assigned to the camera. This microprocessor is able to handle various aspects of photography like image scaling with oversampling, enhanced noise-reduction, digital zooming, optical image stabilization etc. by its own without requiring the need smartphone’s main processing unit in a very limited time. Another feature of the PureView Technology is, it comes with high-definition and world-renowned Zeiss aspherical lenses.
Zeiss is a German company started by optician Carl Zeiss and is famous for its motion picture cameras and camera lenses. Prior to this, Zeiss has manufactured lenses for various DSLRs and cameras making it one of the biggest names in the camera industry.
This is all that you can expect from PureView technology in 2019 with the additional re-focusing feature.
Fun Fact!: Nokia 9 PureView will be the first phone in the world to be able to re-focus the depth in images after capturing them.
Nokia 9 PureView Specifications
Nokia 9 PureView is the official flagship phone of HMD Global and is first expected to release in Europe. Although its full specifications are yet to be revealed, here’s what has been currently made public about Nokia 9 PureViews specifications:
- Processor – Tech geeks expected the phone to sport the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor but it comes with its predecessor Snapdragon 845. There are reports that no smartphone will be featuring the Snapdragon 855 processor before Samsung Galaxy S10 which is the same condition with Nokia 9 PureView.
- RAM – The phone will be available in 6 GB and 8 GB variants with the 8GB one being priced at EUR 799.
- Storage – Nokia 9 PureView will have 128 GB of storage available for the users and MicroSD card support.
- Android Version – Comes with the latest 9.0 Android Pie and is expected to receive all near-future updates.
- Display – 5.9-inch 3D glass OLED display with QHD resolution, fingerprint sensor mounted.
- Rear Camera – ZEISS Penta-Camera with LED flash.
- Front Camera – Unkown but is rumoured to be either 12 megapixels or 21 megapixels.
- Battery and Charging – 4150 mAH battery with wireless and fast charging.
- Other features – OZO Audio and IP68 Water and Dust resistant technology.
Nokia 9 PureView is the first big brand flagship smartphone to be released in 2019 with its successor featuring Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 and 5G support releasing in August 2019. Nokia 9 PureView will compete with Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Apple iPhone XS Max, Apple iPhone XR, and One Plus 7 and 7T.