One Plus was launched last year and was a huge success. Dubbed as the ‘Flagship killer’, the device had impressive specs and still it is considered one of the best flagships out there. Today, the news is especially for the One Plus 2 users as the phone is finally getting the Android Marshmallow update which has been officially confirmed by OnePlus on its Forum. The One Plus 2 runs company’s Oxygen OS which is based on Android. The Oxygen OS 3.0.2 is now been rolled out for One Plus 2 which is based on the Android Marshmallow 6.0! And keep in mind that this is an incremental rollout so the company is expecting to complete 100% coverage in next 48 hours.
HERE IS THE OFFICIAL POST ABOUT ONE PLUS 2 UPDATE ON ONE PLUS FORUM-
The update, as expected comes with many new features and also some bugs are removed through this new update. Also, you may need to enter your fingerprint again as the new update will clear it. Well, not to worry about that because that’s an easy stuff to do! Here are the new features and enhancements this update will bring –
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade’
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System-wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. Dirac HD Sound technology has been integrated for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. The update has also added clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want a better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- Swiftkey update to 6.3.3
As mentioned in the beginning, this will be an incremental update and all the devices will get it in 48 hours. If your device doesn’t get it then don’t worry as soon Marshmallow will run on your One Plus 2. Well, that was everything about this news. Isn’t it exciting? Do let us know via comments! ?