Well, as the company promised, the iOS 10 has been released for Apple devices today and surely it comes with the best features. In Fact, it is the best ever version of iOS ever made. If your iPhone , iPad or iPod is compatible, you can update to the latest iOS from the settings of your device. A week before, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were launched with the iOS 10 and today the update has finally hit other devices. Here are the compatible devices!
iOS 10 : IS YOUR DEVICE COMPATIBLE?
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Pro 12.9-inch
iPad Pro 9.7-inch
iPad Air 2
iPad 4th generation
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPOD Touch 6th Generation
Is Your device in the list? Great! You might be thinking to update your device right away but wait. Just after the iOS 10 was made available today, numerous sources have suggested that the new update bricks some devices. A lot of users said that their devices stopped working completely after they updated to the new iOS. If you visit Twitter and search for this issue, you will get a huge number of tweets revealing the bricking problem. Here are some of them!
Looks like an iPhone brick after iOS 10 OTA update @iCulture @MacRumors pic.twitter.com/CPMXB9gCmx
— PATJEM (@patjem) September 13, 2016
Do NOT update to iOS 10, it will probably brick your phone. Already happened to 5 people I know, including myself. pic.twitter.com/RlsVFWjquG
— Michael Farrell (@mikefarrell) September 13, 2016
Wow. iPad pro update failed. I don’t even know if I have iTunes or a free USB port!
U: Have to do clean install wtf pic.twitter.com/zwjM5U2WqC
— Seth Weintraub (@llsethj) September 13, 2016
Well, with the Note 7 controversy going on, Apple might be thinking of taking some chance from this. But, now the company has got a new and major problem. But, every problem comes with a solution and Apple has provided the solution for this problem also. Here is how to fix it.
FIX iOS 10 BRICK PROBLEM!
Here is how you can fix it. ( SOURCE – APPLE)Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don’t have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
- While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps:- *On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.*On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
- If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.
- After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device. If you previously backed up your device with iTunes or iCloud and had to restore your device in step 3, you might be able to restore from your backup during setup.
Well, if everything goes well, you’ll be able to solve this problem. Else, the only option you’ll have is to go to the Apple Store. So, this was a guide to fix the iOS 10 Brick problem. Tell us in the comments section if it worked or not. Cheers ?