I’ve found a way for installing Chrome Os to your old not-well working computer or laptop. It works with almost every device. In this tutorial, we’re not installing into the HDD. We’re just installing to a USB stick. ?
Neverware doesn’t support all the devices, so if it doesn’t work for you then you are having a hard time 🙂
Steps to install Chrome OS on any PC:-
1. Go to the site called “neverware.com.“
2. Download the free version (might take long depending on your internet speed)
3. Download Chrome if you don’t have it.
4. Go the Chrome Web Store and Search for Chromebook Recovery Tool
5. Download to your device.
6. Press the Gear icon at the top when you launch the app “Chromebook Recovery Tool”
7. Press the button including the word “Local.”
8. Choose the .zip file you downloaded from neverware.com
NOTE: DO NOT UNZIP.
9. Continue the process.
10. After zapping the boot files to the USB while booting your computer launch the BOOT menu and boot your computer with the USB.
11. The setup will continue.
So, I’ve made these steps using a Mac, but every step written above is working with a Windows Computer or a Linux computer. So you can do it your own with your PC running any OS.
Use this method to transform your old Junk computer into a Msi. It works well and makes your computer fast.
Beware! Install this software on your computer’s HDD for you to make it faster. It will work faster inside the computer especially if you only have USB 2.0 on your computer.
USB 3.0 makes your USB stick to work faster with your computer. The reason is it’s faster than 2.0, and it can read and write faster.
If the software is working with your computer, that means it supports a lot of hardware on your computer like the webcam, wireless adaptor and so on.
If you want to run MacOS and Chrome OS at the same time use Parallel Desktop to make it happen. It’s a little expensive, but you can download a torrent using Mac Torrent Download search the Google to find.
Parallel Desktop also supports Android, Windows, Ubuntu and many OS’ for you to run on your Mac computer. Not only a specific OS you can upload your .iso file for it to work. Even your own OS’ made with SUSEstudio.
Have fun with your new “Chromebook” device ?
If you have any problems or doubts? Feel free to ask in the comment section 🙂