YES. You read that right. Why stand in long queues when you can get your Jio sim card freely delivered to your home without any extra charge. RJio starts SIM Card home delivery in select cities including Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
This Offer will reportedly lure more customers into buying the SIM Card.
If users visit the Jio website, automatically a pop-up notification will be shown, telling them about the home delivery service for Jio SIM. However, not everyone will receive such notification, because according to the report, it will be based on IP address.
HOW TO GET JIO SIM DELIVERED TO YOUR DOORSTEP:
So, Here’s what you’ve to do to get the sim card delivered straight to your home!
1) Log on to the Reliance Jio website and fill in your details.
2) Give correct details such as address/phone number as once given, the details can’t be changed.
3) Wait for the executive to come home with an eKYC device.
4) Until then Take a Xerox of your AADHAAR card (faster activation) and keep a Passport size photo ready.
5) Keep in mind that it’s a passport size photo as stamp size photo won’t be accepted.
6) You’ve to install MyJio App on your 4G VoLTE-enabled smartphone to generate a Welcome Barcode. The Jio employee will then take fingerprint details to complete the process. Once you submit the Jio Welcome Barcode, your SIM will be activated within 15 minutes.
7)If you’re having an Aadhar Card of another State then it’ll take 3-4 days to activate.
This will probably be the first time, where a company is delivering a SIM card directly at the comfort of your home. The Mukesh Ambani led company is also planning to launch Jio Giga-Fiber as well. According to reports, Jio Giga-Fiber will provide speeds as high as 1Gbps at affordable rates to all its users.